Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

I Call it: Military Romantic

I've finished #2 in The Trench Coat Project Series.

Here is before (and if you click on the above link, you can see the two garments I used to create the after look):

And after:
It's available now in my yazberryfashion.etsy.com store.

The classic military lines and sentiments of this recycled vintage trench coat are softened with hand embroidered floral appliques. Each applique was carefully shaped by me and the large applique that wraps from the lower front, around the hip was painstakingly hand sewn in place so it lays perfectly when worn. 3/4 length sleeves, falls about mid thigh.

I've also lined each of the belts on the wrists, the waist and the epaulets with a matching pink diamond pattern from my Grandma's Legacy Fabric stash, making each completely reversible. On the beige side of the epaulets, I've placed floral bars looking like military rankings. I've also shortened the hemline and have pinch pleated [a 3-D diamond pattern to emulate the diamond fabric on the belts. Coat is lined with Etienne Aigner signature fabric as in it's former life it was that brand. I've replaced the peeling leather belt buckles with shiny brass to match the hardware.

Here's a little hint about #3 in The Trench Coat Project: it involves hand painting and fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment