Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Newest Recycling Transformation Project

I am fortunate to live in an area with people from many different countries. Which makes visiting the thrift shops fun. I find all sorts of gorgeous garments from other countries. This one is actually a child's size, but has beautiful ornate details. Like the Mola Bag, I knew this garment would become a purse the second I pulled it off the rack. Often fabric, garments and decorative items give me the inspiration for the design...as if the item designs itself.

Here is my latest recycling project. I turned this tunic into a fun triangular tote for everyday use. The liner is made from fabric from my Grandma's Legacy stash and the tote comes complete with pockets for small things, pens and two hidden pockets for secret treasures! Available now in my Etsy store, yazberryfashion.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment