Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

3D Lasers & Leather?

I have been thinking about learning how to use and incorporate laser printing and cutting in my leather design process. While I love hand cutting leather, and will likely continue to as a sort of "originals vs. prints" concept, I have been wanting to automate the process by making my hand drawn ideas CAD designs and then learning how to program a laser printer or cutter to cut these designs.

There is a new product out there Glowforge which could make this possible at home! You can cut wood, leather, etch glass, cut felt...so many interesting applications. If you get a chance flip through their galleries because there are already so many amazing things this printer has made...

I want a Glowforge so bad! Meanwhile, I think last year I read about a makers group in St. John's that has a laser in their collection of tools. I may need to further investigate...

If you want one too, you can sign up for their mailing list to get this awesome tool 1/2 off.

"The 3D laser printer that makes beautiful things, quickly.

Our first Glowforges will be half price.
We don't want you to miss out."

Screen Capture from the Glowforge website available 9.18.15

No comments:

Post a Comment