Pages

Friday, July 08, 2011

"The Art of a Summer Saturday"

This past Saturday, July 4th weekend, I finally got a chance to stroll through the Riverwalk Market Fair and enjoy the work of the other artists and farmers involved. Armed with a camera, some comfy sandals and the sun on my face, I took a walk.
Right foot, then left foot, I departed my booth and left my mom standing gaurd.

From up on the pedestrian bridge, a view of the artists tents along the river. (This pic was from a couple weeks before but gives you a good idea of the area).

July is "The Art of Music" month at the market and there was live music all over! Here is the Americana duo, the Rockitrangers, at the start of the artists area.

I stopped by each artist's booth to see what people are making. Lots of great artists out there. Here's a view from the 6th St. bridge. It was a busy day!

So many people were out and about shopping for fresh, locally grown produce and homemade gourmet goodies in the farmer's section along bridge square.

A view of the farmer's tents.

Bonnie & the Clydes sang classic folk & rock tunes in a lovely shady spot near the dam.

To hear a taste of the musicians that played July 2nd, watch Amy Acheson's video montage on the Riverwalk Blog.

To view all of my pictures of The Riverwalk Market Fair, check out my album on my Facebook Fan Page, updated weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment