Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Wisdom from the Handmade Marketplace Book

I'm pleased as punch that I finished this book so quickly. I can't tell you the last time I read a book cover to cover. I start a lot of books, infrequently and lose interest quickly. A finish is a good judge of content for me. This one was good.

I jotted notes as I read, hoping to gain wisdom necessary to improve my state of affairs in 2011, 2010 was not my year for many reasons. I can credit 2010 with an engagement to a wonderful man, just the rest of the year was the goo at the bottom of the barrel. I've been joking, I think there is a hole in the bottom of my barrel.

Anyway, here are some gems I jotted direct quotes of from the book:

"Do not underestimate the value of your work. If you undercharge, you not only hurt yourself but other crafters who are a part of your community." -Page 49


"Remember, your portfolio is only as strong as your weakest photo, so make sure all of your product shots are your personal best." - Holly Becker of decor8, Page 126


"Nothing helps people imagine something in their own life like seeing it in action." -Page 175


Here's a little wisdom for you. I hope you enjoy these drops of knowledge.

Quotes from: The Handmade Marketplace; How to sell your crafts locally, globally and online, By Kari Chapin.

No comments:

Post a Comment