Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Peace be with You


I know my friends are of many different faiths, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Even if you are atheist, I think you can find beauty in this vintage greeting card I found with a prayer of St. Francis of Assisi (the namesake for four generations of men in my family, my brother is IV).

"Lord make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith: where there is despair, hope: where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, let me sow joy." -Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi


The inside inscription reads: May perfect peace within your heart abide this Christmastide.

Peace be with you and yours as we embark on this new solstice of the year and prepare to enter into 2011. May 2011 be better than 2010 in all ways.

Happy Holidays!

Virginia

P.S. for a limited time you can get a free mp3 of Boston folk singer, Anne Heaton's St. Francis song Check this out free mp3 of St. Francis from Anne Heaton - http://t.opsp.in/OoVj

No comments:

Post a Comment