Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Basic Sewing Skills/Make a Sewing Kit Workshop



The rain scared away many tonight, but I was able to teach a couple of interested minds about basic sewing skills. If you wanted to come to today's workshop and the rain kept you home, I encourage you to stop by the store and pick up an instruction sheet and kit to make your own sewing kit at home. If you have never sewed before, let me know when you stop in, I'd be happy to work with you on the machine.

Also, check back on my blog, I will be posting a step by step photo tutorial on how to make your own sewing kit.

This Saturday I will have supplies available for you to learn how to do fashion drawings. I have the workshop scheduled for 4 PM but I would be happy to instruct you anytime throughout the day, just ask :)

Saturday, July 17, 4 PM FREE—Workshop: Fashion Design Drawing
10-20 Participants
Open to all ages.
Participants will learn how to draw clothing design ideas from different perspectives: front, side, back. They will be given instruction on how to emulate pleats, texture, print, volume etc. in their drawings. If participants wish to later construct their designs, suggestions on how much fabric and which materials they need will be given.

No comments:

Post a Comment