Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Katy Perry's Cuffs in December, 2010 Bazaar

Bazaar
is my personal favorite fashion magazine. It is the only one I like enough each month to subscribe to. I also enjoy picking up Lucky at the newsstand on occasion to browse the trends and have a soft spot for Cosmo just for the quizzes and sex articles, but Bazaar is my favorite to devour, page by page, yummy haut couture look by haut couture look.

The December, 2010 issue of Bazaar pays homage to the fashionably intriguing Katy Perry. Her bejeweled lips and mug grace the cover and she lines the pages. I was particularly interested in her cuff bracelets on pages 290 and 291, by Designer, Alexis Bittar and available for a mere $175 a pop. They are metal, though I don't know if they are precious metal or not(not available on his site quite yet).

My fiance Steve Phillips and I started making strikingly similar cuff bracelets together this summer from recycled vinyl records. Steve is a vinyl sculptor and makes anything conceivable from recycled (unplayable) vinyl records; bowls, cuffs, rings, wall sconces, clocks, magazine racks etc.

Our cuffs are completely customizable, sustainable in design and sell for $22 with free shipping! Our cuffs are available on my Etsy.com store, here.


Images of Katy Perry Copyright Bazaar Magazine and available here in the full spread, 12.22.10: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/fashion-articles/katy-perry-style-pictures-1210?click=try&link=katy-perry-style-pictures-1210

No comments:

Post a Comment